SIREN IN THE KITCHEN: THE CROWD-PLEASING WATERMELON PIZZA RECIPE YOU NEED FOR YOUR NEXT SUMMER PARTY:
At Siren, we’re constantly stumbling across new recipes and products that inspire us. From cauliflower rice to sweet potato toast, we’re loving the creative ways that food bloggers and Insta influencers have re-imaged basic fruits and vegetables. Join us each week as we share a new recipe that’s been tried and tested in the Siren kitchen.
This week we’re featuring one of our favorite summer treats, the watermelon pizza. This hydrating, nutrient-dense fruit is used here to replace traditional dough for a light (and not to mention photogenic) desert that’s a total crowd pleaser. It’s easy to customize your toppings based on what’s in your pantry, and of course we couldn’t resist adding some Siren Snacks on top of ours! As an added bonus, there is no baking or fancy equipment required - the watermelon pizza only takes minutes to make!
- 1 fresh, whole watermelon (unsliced)
- 3 tablespoons of plain/vanilla yogurt (we love the dairy-free yogurt alternatives from Kite Hill, Foraged Project, and So Delicious)
- 1/4 cup fresh berries for garnish
- Optional toppings: chocolate chips, coconut chips, Siren Snacks - the possibilities are really endless here
- Cut the watermelon in half and then cut ~0.5in circular “pizzas” across the watermelon
- Spread the yogurt across the surface of each pizza
- Garnish with berries and the topping of your choice
- Cut each pizza into 6 smaller slices