WHAT'S ON MY BOOKSHELF: COOKBOOKS TO GET YOU THROUGH THE HOLIDAY SEASON
The holiday season is right around the corner, which means plenty of entertaining and cooking for friends and family. While I love to improvise and test out new recipes when cooking for myself, I reach for these go-to cookbooks when I’m cooking for groups and want to whip up something that’s unique and guaranteed delicious. All of these books focus on plant-based recipes, and many of them offer fully vegan and gluten-free recipes as well. And even if you're not cooking, any of these books would make an awesome holiday gift for those foodie friends on your list!
Happy reading! xo, Elizabeth
Minimalist Baker's Everyday Cooking: 101 Entirely Plant-based, Mostly Gluten-Free, Easy and Delicious Recipes
- Why I Love It: Every recipe in here calls for 10 ingredients or less, 1 bowl, or less than 30 minutes to prepare.
- Best For: ...When you’re looking for something simple but still sure to impress.
- Must-Try Recipe: ‘Best Ever 20 Minute Vegan Queso’
Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen: 150 Pizzas, Pastas, Pestos, Risottos, & Lots of Creamy Italian Classics
- Why I Love It: This book proves that you can still create those creamy, Italian dishes without the cheese, butter or eggs. Plus, I’ve got a total girl crush on chef Chloe Coscarelli - this badass chef has done wonders for vegan cuisine by creating delicious plant-based that appeal to everyone.
- Best For: ...Date night with a bottle of red wine.
- Must-Try Recipe: ‘Pumpkin Risotto’
Everything I Want to Eat: Sqirl and the New California Cooking
- Why I Love It: From the award winning chef that brought us SQIRL, this cookbook transports you to sunny Southern California with an emphasis on fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Best For: ...Those looking for more advanced dishes that will truly wow your guests. Some recipes require more obscure ingredients (hello, buckwheat and mung bean sprouts), which may require an extra (but worth it) trip to the grocery store.
- Must-Try Recipe: ‘Crispy Rice Salad’
Nutrition Stripped: 100 Whole-Food Recipes Made Deliciously Simple
- Why We Love It: Written by dietitian and food blogger extraordinaire McKel Hill of Nutrition Stripped, everything in here is nutritionist approved.
- Best For: ...Smoothie recipes galore, breakfast bowls, and lots of healthy dessert options
- Must-Try Recipe: ‘Stripped Green Smoothie’
Eating Purely: More Than 100 All-Natural, Organic, Gluten-Free Recipes for a Healthy Life
- Why I Love It: From the founder of Purely Elizabeth, this cookbook is all about recreating your favorite dishes and comfort foods with healthy, nutrient-dense ingredients.
- Best For: ...When you’re looking to step-up your cooking game beyond the basics but don’t anything too time intensive or overly complicated.
- Must-Try Recipe: ‘Pad Thai with Maple Ginger Sauce’
The Moon Juice Cookbook: Cook Cosmically for Body, Beauty, and Consciousness
- Why I Love It: Some of the chapters in this book feel more like a complex science experiment than a recipe, but the photography in this book is gorgeous and the book provides a fascinating glimpse into the life and pantry of Moon Juice founder Amanda Chantal Bacon.
- Best For: ...When you’re feeling ambitious and self-indulgent. This book is great for woo-woo wellness enthusiasts who are are into crystals and adaptogenic-infused drinks.
- Must-Try Recipe: ‘Moon Barks’
We Went Grocery Shopping With a Natural Chef and Nutrition Consultant
When we’re making our weekly round at the grocery store, we often find ourselves debating if we should toss a certain item in the cart. Anyone els... READ MORE
How to Keep Your Wellness Routine During Wedding Season
Spring has officially sprung. We love filling our vases up with seasonal daffodils and filling our refrigerator door up with wedding invitations. ... READ MORE
What This Pilates Instructor Eats to Stay Energized All Day
It’s one thing to be in class with your favorite fitness instructor, carefully watching, listening, and following their every cue. But what if you... READ MORE