MORNING ROUTINES & MOTIVATIONAL HACKS FROM OUR FAV FITNESS PROS
Ever wonder how your favorite fitness instructors are able to show up with endless energy and provide 24/7 positivity? We sat down with some of our favorite instructors and trainers to ask how they recharge, how they start their morning, and what keeps them motivated.
Juliana Estrella, Trainer and NYC Talent Manager at Rumble Boxing
- Biggest misconception about being a fitness instructor: The biggest misconception about being a fitness instructor is that we always feel motivated to workout. There's also this idea that all fitness instructors have the "perfect" physique. Trainers come in all shapes & sizes!
- Can't start my morning without: Coffee (which sounds more like cawfee in my native New York accent)
- The best part of my job is... Connecting with people from all walks of life through fitness.
- Spirit animal: My celebrity spirit animal is JLO. Love her!
- On my days off, you can find me... At a coffee shop, museum or fitness class.
- One trend in fitness / wellness that I'm excited about: Rumble Boxing's latest treadmill concept, Rumble Treading
- I feel my best when... I have an amazing workout
- Favorite way to treat myself: Going to my favorite coffee shop and getting a fresh croissant
- Go-to weeknight dinner: Giant salads! I add whatever produce is in the fridge and I love adding nuts for an extra crunch.
- What keeps me motivated: Knowing that what I do and how I live my life serves a greater purpose. Whether it's inspiring others to live a more fulfilling life or just leading by example.
- What I love most about myself: My resilience. I've experienced many adversities in my life but the greatest gift has been the lessons I've learned from them.
- Favorite flavor of Siren Snacks No joke, it's hard to choose just one! I love lemon poppy and snickerdoodle.
Tiffani Robbins Hendin, Instructor at Obe Fitness and Fithouse
- Biggest misconception about being a fitness instructor: It’s not a career
- Can't start my morning without: Coffee
- The best part of my job is… I workout for a living! And I get to help change lives. That’s pretty cool.
- Spirit animal: My Dog
- On my days off, you can find me… At home. On the couch.
- One trend in fitness / wellness that I'm excited about: That fitness is not just about how you look, but more importantly about having a healthy and strong body to live a long life, and your mental health and wellness.
- I feel my best when… I’ve had a good sweat sesh
- Favorite way to treat myself: Oat milk latte
- Go-to weeknight dinner: Cauliflower rice and grass fed ground beef stir fry
- What keeps me motivated: The feeling of accomplishment
- What I love most about myself: I’m dedicated and loyal, and If I want it bad enough, I’m going to make it happen
- Favorite flavor of Siren Snacks Lemon poppyseed
Tatiani Lampa, Corrective Exercise Specialist & Trainer at Fithouse
- Biggest misconception about being a fitness instructor: That our jobs are easy. All fitness professionals need to be knowledgeable since we are dealing with a lot of bodies. Every body is different so we may come across someone with multiple injuries, so we need to know what modifications we can give them. I also always say “there is a method to my madness” when I make my programs and you can definitely see it.
- Can't start my morning without: Dunkin’ Donuts Cold brew
- The best part of my job is... inspiring others!
- Spirit animal: Cheetah
- On my days off, you can find me... at the gym (I can never get away!)
- One trend in fitness / wellness that I'm excited about: Recovery. I use my hyperice hypervolt almost everyday before and after my workouts. We workout so hard that we have to focus on our recovery as well. If we’re able to recover better, we can prevent injuries and move better.
- I feel my best when... I’m at Soulcycle
- Favorite way to treat myself: Tacos :)
- Go-to weeknight dinner: Dig Inn
- What keeps me motivated: My progression. Every day I feel physically and mentally stronger. I absolutely love that feeling and want to keep getting stronger.
- What I love most about myself: That I’m a hustler! I’m always on the go because I’m trying to build an awesome future for myself.
- Favorite flavor of Siren Snacks: Snickerdoodle!
Miriam Fried, Personal trainer and NYC-based fitness coach
- Biggest misconception about being a trainer: that all we do is workout all day!
- Can't start my morning without: a venti sized coffee
- The best part of my job is... getting to work with so many different kinds of clients and be a part of their journey! (Also, wearing leggings everyday is a nice bonus!)
- Spirit animal: dolphin
- On my days off, you can find me.. at brunch!
- One trend in fitness / wellness that I'm excited about: more women showing an interest in weight training/ getting stronger!
- I feel my best when... I stay true to myself
- Favorite way to treat myself: a massage, chocolate, or a new outfit!
- Go-to weeknight dinner: salmon and roasted Brussels sprouts
- What keeps me motivated: creating a fulfilling and meaningful life
- What I love most about myself: my ability to speak my mind (even when it’s an unpopular opinion)
- Favorite flavor of Siren Snacks: snickerdoodle!
We Went Grocery Shopping With a Natural Chef and Nutrition Consultant
When we’re making our weekly round at the grocery store, we often find ourselves debating if we should toss a certain item in the cart. Anyone els... READ MORE
How to Keep Your Wellness Routine During Wedding Season
Spring has officially sprung. We love filling our vases up with seasonal daffodils and filling our refrigerator door up with wedding invitations. ... READ MORE
What This Pilates Instructor Eats to Stay Energized All Day
It’s one thing to be in class with your favorite fitness instructor, carefully watching, listening, and following their every cue. But what if you... READ MORE